Emergency situations you may be faced with and how to identify them to prevent complications :
6. Treating Spider Bites
– Apply a cold pack to the bite for 15 minutes. Reapply if pain continues.
7. Treating Poisoning
– Don’t induce vomiting, unless advised to do so.
– Don’t give them anything to eat or drink.
– Wash the poison from the face and mouth with water.
8. Heart Attack Symptoms
– Heart attack symptoms can include shortness of breath, nausea, faintness or dizziness, or breaking out in a cold sweat.
What to pack in your first-aid kit
– Packs of sterile gauze
– Adhesive, hypoallergenic tape
– Adhesive bandages in several sizes
– Triangular elastic bandages
– Crepe roller bandages, one large and one small
– Large and small sterile dressings
– Sterile eye dressings
– Eye pads with bandages
– Pack of sterile cotton wool swabs
– Assorted plasters
– Antiseptic wipes
– Antibiotic cream
– Rehydration sachets
– Extra prescription medication (if you are going away on holiday)
– Sharp scissors
– Safety pins
– Face cloth
– Torch and spare batteries
– List of emergency contact numbers for example ambulance services, GP or paediatricians.