Cooking is both rewarding and challenging. Whether you’re just starting out or have been honing your kitchen skills for a while, there are likely some mistakes you might still be making. Here are a few common cooking mistakes and some easy solutions to correct them.
– Add a bit of honey or sugar to dishes with excessive vinegar.
– Add chopped carrots to overly acidic sauces.
– You may be flipping the meat too soon or too often. It is ready to flip when your spatula slides underneath easily.
– Make sure the pan is hot enough before adding meat. Wait for oil to ripple. Medium to medium-high quickly cooks the outside while sealing in moisture.
Food is Soggy or Doesn’t Brown
– Overcrowding a pan prevents steam from escaping and inverses moisture. Make sure there is no overlapping.
Come back tomorrow for more cooking mistakes.