You can’t lose control of your mind and you can’t get stuck in a trance. Either your hypnotist will bring you out of the trance, or you’ll come out of it naturally by yourself.
There are three main elements of a hypnosis session
- Here you relax the body and mind. The more relaxed you are, the easier it is to enter a trance.
- This is achieved using a combination of slow and deliberate breathing, counting and visualisation.
- Once you’re relaxed and your attention is focused inward, you’re able to accept suggestions without distractions.
- The hypnotist’s suggestions are spoken aloud to your unconscious mind.
- As long as your unconscious mind believes these suggestions are beneficial for you, it accepts them easily and creates your life from then on the reflect the new changes.
- This is where you come out of the trance and return to your normal waking state.
- The exit phase is often linked to the type of induction used. To exit the trance, your hypnotist may simply count up from 1 to 5.
- At each number the hypnotist may give you suggestions about coming back, for example, you feeling refreshed, relaxed, simply fantastic.
Come back tomorrow to learn more about hypnosis.