Your Key To Relaxing Oils
The multitude of relaxing essential oils available can help you rest in different situation, so use the information below to pick the right oils for your personal relaxation regime.
- Chamomile – This oil is a remedy for stress and tension and can also reduce anxiety. Add to a vaporiser to slowly, but potently, release its effects.
- Clary Sage – This has euphoric as well as deeply relaxing properties, so it is invaluable for stress. It also soothes PMS including mood swings.
- Aniseed – Inhaling this oil, from a tissue or vaporiser, encourages relaxation and has the added benefit of improving your sleep.
- Sandalwood – The ingredients in this oil are natural sedatives, helping you enter a state of deep relaxation and sensuality, as it is an aphrodisiac.
- Lavender – Dab this oil on your pulse points to relieve stress. Lavender oil’s relaxing effects are caused by ketones, which can induce sleep.
- Ylang Ylang – Use ylang ylang as part of a massage blend to relax your muscles after a stressful day, or inhale it to stall panic attacks.
- Orange – Orange is a relaxing oil that can ease muscles and act as a sedative, while at the same time improving your mood.
- Cajeput – This can be used as an effective massage oil to relax stiff joints and muscles as well as to heal aches and pains.
- Marjoram – Marjoram is a strong sedative, its properties are so potent that it is actually renowned as an aphrodisiac.
- Geranium – This oil eases anxiety and tension, reduces the effects of PMS and reduces stress, especially in a bath or vaporiser.
- Patchouli – Patchouli is a balancing oil which can be used to alleviate strongly negative emotions and restore relaxed balance.
- Mandarin – Useful for stress, over-excitement, restlessness and insomnia, mandarin can be used as a relaxing oil in a bath or vaporiser.
Creating your relaxing blends
Try one of these blends to help you relax :
- To ease insomnia – Inhale from a tissue, or spray on your pillow if you keep waking during the night : 3 drops lavender + 2 drops chamomile + 1 drop Melissa.
- For stressed muscles – Use as a massage oil on the shoulders and upper back : 3 drops lavender + 2 drops clary sage + 2 drops rose + 30ml carrier oil
- After exercise – Massage into muscles : 2 drops nutmeg + 3 drops black pepper + 3 drops grapefruit + 25ml grapeseed oil.
The most effective methods of suing relaxing oils are by lighting candles or vaporisers. This is because the aroma will spread gently, inducing a more peaceful state. Relaxing oils cure almost Anu stressful feelings.