Relationships can be difficult and especially if our past experiences with relationships have been less than ideal, building a healthy relationship can feel challenging.
Whether you’ve been in a relationship before or this is your first, here are a few things that are essential for a healthy relationship.
- Even healthy relationships might trigger you, and that isn’t always a sign of anything being wrong with your partner or your relationship.
- Communicating your needs clearly and directly saves you from a lot of resentment.
- Making an effort to hear and understand someone else’s perspective (even when you disagree) can make a big difference.
- Conflict can be very healthy, as long as it’s followed by intentional repair.
- The end of a relationship doesn’t mean that you’ve failed.
- Everyone will being their own patterns and experiences to relationships, and it’s important to be self aware and able to communicate about this.
- When you don’t communicate your needs and boundaries, you’re doing a disservice to your relationship.
What else would you add? Do this resonate with you or do you disagree. Let’s talk.