This fantastic quote summarizes something that I’ve been trying to focus on recently in my daily life:
“Whatever the tasks, do them slowly
so not do any tasks with the goal
of getting them over with.
Resolve to each job in a relaxed way,
with all your attention.”
– Thich Nhat Hanh, Zen Master
It is possible to live a simpler life, one in which you enjoy each activity, are present in everything (or most of the time), and are content rather than rushing to finish things. Life becomes peaceful when:
- You stop checking to see who has viewed your stories or followed your social media accounts.
- You stop deleting posts because they don’t have enough likes.
- You stop feeling embarrassed about things that may you feel happy.
- You stop comparing yourself to somebody else, you’re beautiful.
- You stop releasing old text messages.
- You stop believing that social media acceptance determines your self worth.
- You stop being ashamed of your type of music.
- You top dwelling in the past about what could’ve been.
What would you add to the list?