Diabetes has proven connections to many health problems, most commonly circulation problems in the feet. So how can socks fix this problem? Well if you think about it, your feet are in constant contact with the ground all day, so it is important to have a sock which protects your feet while providing comfort and support. A diabetic sock is designed to wick away moisture and protect your feet with padded materials. They are also non-constrictive to keep blood circulating. Wearing diabetic socks with the right pair of shoes will help guard your feet and your health.
Here are a few benefits of diabetic socks :
- Dry Feet – When sweat and moisten the sock, it creates friction and could result in cuts, blisters with pain on feet. Diabetic socks are made of materials that pick away sweat and promote dry feet.
- Reduced Infection – Sweaty socks are a breeding ground for bacteria, something dangerous enough on its own especially when it touches open wounds. With dry socks, a diabetic can better protect him or herself from infection.
- Reduced Pressure – Conventional socks tend to wrinkle and bunch up in spots, leads to added pressure and much less comfortable walking experience. Diabetic socks are typically made of wrinkle proof fabrics, which go a long way in receiving additional pressure.
- Reduced Irritation – Most conventional socks feature thick seams and can cause a lot of irritation, pain and maybe cuts and blisters. Diabetic socks are seamless and this reduces the chances of developing any of the agonising sores or blisters that can plague a diabetic.
- Better Circulation – Conventional socks have tight binding at the top that stops better blood flow and better circulation. Diabetic socks are created to be less restrictive, allowing blood circulation to occur more easily.