LactoBacillus bacterias are able to produce Lactic Acid from glucose, and so thrive in acidic pHs. Its optimal pH is 5.0, and its optimal temperature is 37C.
LactoBacillus Acidophilus is also able to promote the in vivo production of B-Vitamins, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B3. It is considered a “Homefermative Microaerophilic Bacteria”, this means that it ferments only one product, in atmospheres containing very little oxygen.
It is a probiotic which translates to “For Life” in Latin. It reintroduces good Bacteria back into out Gut and not only found in our Gut, but also in the Mouth and Vagina.
Here are certain health benefits of LactoBacillus Acidophilus :
- Lactobacillus is thought to be beneficial for treatment of diarrhoea, IBS, Helicobacter Pylori and Inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract.
- It is thought to lower cholesterol. Two comparative study found that after consuming lactobacillus acidophilus cholesterol levels dropped by as much as 2.4% in one study and 3.2% in the other.
- Less researched disorder it has Lyme disease, Cancer, Colds, Acne and Cold Sores.
- Campylobacter jejune is a type of Bacteria that can case diarrhoea and fever. Lactobacillus Acidophilus is known to reduce its growth in the GI tract.
- One study looked at providing a probiotic mixture including lactobacillus acidophilus to IBS patients. They found that after 6 months of administration there was a reported 44% reduction in painful symptoms.
- Lactobacillus has also been associated with depression and anxiety treatment. It is thought to have “Mood Enhacing Properties”.
So did you have your LactoBacillus Acidophilus containing probiotic today?