Ice cream is the real MVP. Through breakups, finals, and celebrating, ice cream always pulls through. That’s not to say there aren’t a few downsides that comes with this frozen treat. How annoying is it to get a whole arm workout in just to scoop ice cream that’s basically solid? Or when it’s 10 thousand degrees outside and your cone starts dripping. All these problems, and more, can easily be fixed with these ice cream hacks.
- Place a marshmallow at the bottom of your pointy ice cream cone to prevent melting ice cream from leaking out.
- Place your ice cream carton in a closed ziplock bag before placing in the freezer to prevent ice crystals from forming in the ice cream.
- Serving ice cream to a lot of guests? Pre-scoop individual servings sized scoops into muffin tins with slots lined with cupcake liners.
- Do you hate scooping our ice cream from a carton? For cardboard, smaller cartons – Remove Lid > Using a knife, cut out a circular disk of ice cream > Remove cardboard edge from ice cream disks and eat > Place lid back on slightly shorter than before ice cream carton.
- To make ice cream scooping easier, run metal spoon/scooper under hot water. Dry off before scooping.
- Giving ice cream to a kid? Punch hole in paper plate and place ice cream cone through it. Easy drip-catcher.
- Bored of ice cream in root beer? Add scoop of vanilla ice cream to mug of hot coffee or Guinness.
- Make your own ice cream without ice cream maker. All you need are cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. You can make ice cream using a ziploc bag and ice.