The grape is produced by the climbing plant Vitis Vinifera. The plant is native to the Mediterranean, but can also be found in Central Europe and South West Asia. The Ancient Egyptians have documented their use of grapes in hieroglyphics, not only for wine, and food, but also for medicine.
Grape seed extract is made by using the seed of the Red Grape. The seed is extracted, then ground to a powder. The primary active ingredients within grape seed are “Grape Antioxidant Dietary Fibres” (GADF) and Oligomeric Proanthocyandin Complexes (OPCS).
Here are a few health benefits of grapeseed extracts :
- There is minor evidence to suggest that Grape seed extract can be beneficial to many varied ailments including Tooth Pain, Diabetes Symptoms, Dental Decay and Cognitive Decline.
- It is effective against Infections. One study found that the grape seed’s content of flavan-3-ols was great at combating mucosal infections such as vaginal candidiasis after just 5 days.
- Despite scientific evidence early European medicine consisted of using grapes to correctly treat Eye Diseases.
- One study found that Grape seed extract is beneficial to Heart Health. Most notably, the study showed a reduction in systolic blood pressure that was previously considered high and dangerous.
- Research has shown the effectiveness of grape seed extract against Cancer Cells. It is rich in antioxidants which have been associated with a 76% cell death of exposed leukaemia cells.
- Preliminary evidence suggests that grape seed extract can be beneficial against UV skin damage. Animal studies have found that formation of UV related skin oxidation and damage were delayed when taking grape seed extract.
Reference : https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61AB1beUD%2BL.AC_SX466.jpg