There’s nothing difficult in keeping your liver healthy and in good shape as it’s all about a healthy lifestyle. Everything you drink and eat, including medicine, passes through it. You surely require treating it right so it can stay healthy and do its job rightfully. It helps in cleansing your blood by getting free of harmful chemicals that your body makes. It produces liquid called bile, which helps in breaking down fat from food. And also stores sugar called glucose, which gives you a quick energy booster when required.
Here are some healthy tips for your liver :
- Say Goodbye to Bad Fat – Good fat is good, but bad fat is really bad. If the food is fried, it likely has unhealthy, oxidised oils. Skip it! Stick to good, clean fats like coconut oil, avocados, salmon and olive oil.
- Skip the Late Night Snack – The liver’s regenerative cycle is between 11pm and 3am. If your body is busy digesting food at this time, it disrupts your sleep and the detoxification process. Aim for a 10pm bedtime and 10-12 hours between dinner and breakfast. (Small bedtime snacks allowed to support blood sugar balance).
- Be a Toxin Avenger – Make it easier on your liver by reducing the toxins coming into your body. Buy organic foods, drink filtered water, use glass containers for food storage instead of plastic, and choose less toxic skin care products.
- Fabulous Fibre – Food rich in soluble fibre help support your liver by binding toxins and moving them on out. Add in chia, flax, fruits, vegetables, beans and oats for a fibre furled toxic flush every single day.
- Herb Alert – Milk thistle, with the active constituents of silymarin, has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that support the liver. It may help the liver repair itself by growing new cells.