Want to relive aches and pains, reduce inflammation and heal your digestive tract? Bypass your medicine cabinet and head to your space rack instead. Turmeric, that bright yellow spice that give curry it’s distinctive colour, is a superhero spice that has been used for over 4000 years in India. It’s rich in curcumin, a potent antioxidant that makes turmeric a powerful healing agent.
Here are 6 reason to tune in to turmeric :
- Ancient Anti-Inflammatory – Before aspirin, there was turmeric. Ayurvedic healers have used turmeric to reduce pain and inflammation for thousands of years. Research is proving that turmeric is as effete as over the counter pain medicines for educing aches and pains.
- Power Antioxidants – Curcumin gives turmeric its distinctive yellow orange colour and it packs an antioxidant punch which helps mop up free radicals and prevents cell damage.
- Immune Booster – Studies show that turmeric helps prevent cancerous tutors from forming and spreading including specific data on colon, prostate and breast canceller.
- Improves Digestion – This herb stimulates the production of bile for improved fat digestion. Plus the anti-inflammatory properties help heal inflammatory digestive conditions including IBS, Crohn’s and upset stomach.
- Promotes Healthy Skin – This gnarly herb makes your skin (inside and outside) more radiant by improving elasticity and reducing redness.
- Balances Blood Sugar – Clinical evidence demonstrates that turmeric helps lower blood sugar levels naturally, key for overall health, weight management and preventing chronic disease states like diabetes, cancer and heart disease.