The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) urges people to wear a face mask or face covering when in public, especially when social distancing is not possible. According to a study by medical journal Health Affairs, wearing a face mask in public helps prevent the spread of COVID-19. The study compared the growth rate of COVID-19 in 15 U.S. states before and after masks were mandated. Researchers found that wearing masks led to a slowdown in the daily COVID-19 growth rate.
Here are a few tips on how not to wear a mask :
- Do not use a mask that looks damaged.
- Do not wear a loose mask.
- Do not wear the mask under the nose.
- Do not remove the mask where there are people within 1 metre.
- Do not use a mask that is difficult to breathe through.
- Do not wear a dirty or wet mask.
- Do not share your mask with others.
A fabric mask can protect others around you. To protect yourself and prevent the spread of Covid-19, remember to keep at least 1 metre distance from others, clean your hands frequently and thoroughly, and avoid touching your face and mask.