Research has linked the sunshine vitamin to a number of body boosting benefits, but the evidence just isn’t there for some health claims.
- Lowers blood pressure
- Prevents Osteoporosis
- Helps seniors live longer
- Protects against heart attacks and strokes
- Prevents brain and memory decline
- Eases multiple sclerosis symptoms
- Doesn’t help with common cold
- Fails to reduce cholesterol short term
- Won’t ease knee pain in osteoarthritis
- Doesn’t improve kids school performance
- Doesn’t safeguard against bone fractures
- Won’t Reduce flare ups in most COPD patients
The Food and Nutrition Board at the Institute of Medicine of The National Academics recommends that Americans take 400-800 units of Vitamin D daily.
Reference : https://images.everydayhealth.com/images/pros-cons-vitamin-d-infographic.jpg?sfvrsn=d7a3c1d9_2
4 Comments Add yours
Doesn’t the research say Vit D from pills is better? Sunshine is natural and might come with fresh air which everyone may not be able to handle.
LikeLiked by 1 person
For now, evidence suggests that vitamin D supplements may help to maintain the levels of the vitamin our bodies need to promote bone health, modulation of cell growth and immune function. But whether these supplements can promote additional health benefits remains to be seen.
Thank you for sharing