The most common cause of dandruff is a skin condition called “Seborrheic Dermatitis”. This skin condition is caused due to a certain yeast known as Malassezia, which is often found in the oil secreted by your scalp. This leads to an itchy and irritated scalp along with dandruff. Other common causes include dry skin, fungus, irregular hygiene, allergy to hair products, unhealthy diet, pollution and even stress. These problems often cause dandruff and may even lead to low self-esteem among individuals.
This is when people turn towards dandruff treatment and start looking for ways to get rid of dandruff. However, instead of going for expensive products that may or may not get rid of dandruff, you could opt for dandruff treatment at home. Yes, there are various home remedies for dandruff that are simple and effective. And, in order to help you out with your dandruff treatment, here are some easy natural remedies to get rid of dandruff.
- Coconut Oil – As a natural moisturiser, it can soothe an itchy scalp and get rid of the dry white flakes of skin. You can rub the oil directly onto scalp or ingest it.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Contains powerful anti-fungal properties. You can apply it as a rinse or add to foods. It will kill any fungus at the root of the hair follicle, and can inhibit the growth of yeast and balance pH levels inside and out of the body.
- Baking Soda – It can help restore the natural moisture balance on the surface of the scalp. Simply rub a tablespoon of baking soda into wet hair and massage for a few minutes. Rinse and repeat when needed.
- Olive Oil – Simply warm the oil and massage into the scalp. Wrap your head in a towel and leave to soak for 5-10 minutes. Not only will your scalp benefit from this treatment, you hair will be silky smooth afterwards.
- Aloe Vera – It works as an excellent conditioner to eliminate dryness of the scalp. Not only is it soothing, it contains powerful antiseptic properties which will clear up any bacteria causing the dandruff.
- Aspirin – Aspirin contains acetylsalicylic acid which helps to cut through bacteria and remove dead skin. Simply crush two aspirins into your shampoo and wash as normal