Hair loss in women is just that when a woman experiences unexpected heavy loss of hair. Generally, people shed from 50 to 100 single hairs per day. Hair shedding is part of a natural balance some hairs fall out while others grow in. When the balance is interrupted—when hair falls out and less hair grows in hair loss happens.
Here are some tips to treating hair loss in women :
- Avoid tight braids and weaves. Weaves weigh down hair. Tight braids cause scarring on the scalp.
- Try a thyroid test. Hyper and hypothyroidism cause hair loss. Treatment restores hormone balance to slow loss.
- Pump up your iron intake. Anaemia can cause hair loss. Eat more leafy greens and lean red meat.
- Massage your scalp. Rub in a circular motion for several minutes. Temporarily boosts blood flow to the scalp.
- Turn down the heat. Use blow dryers styling devices on lowest heat setting. Air dry your hair as often as possible.
- Manage your stress. Stress can lead to hair loss. Try yoga, meditation or exercise.
- Cut out smoking and drinking. Smoking causes hair loss around the temples. Heavy drinking causes hair loss on the sides of the head.
- Prioritise protein. Lean protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and zinc support healthy hair. Try chicken, salmon, or lean red meat.
- Avoid UVA exposure. Especially important if your part is wide. Wear a hat or waterproof UVA blocker.
- Choose products wisely. Use products with as few chemicals as possible. Try a dandruff shampoo with anti fungal ingredients.
- Get Medical Help – Doctors can diagnose and treat underlying medication conditions. Surgical hair transplant can restore lost hair.