Runny nose, itchy eyes, hay fever, mood swings, low blood pressure, asthma and congestion are some of the major symptoms. Moreover, with the change in temperature, falling prey to seasonal flu is also common. Hence it is important to recognise the triggers for your allergy problems. While there are numerous medicines that can help you treat seasonal allergies, resorting to natural home-made remedies can prove to be as effective without any side effects.
Here are some home remedies for allergies :
- Neti pot rinses out your nasal cavity, helps flush out allergens and loosens mucus. Be sure to only use boiled or distilled water.
- Shower/Steam bowl. Taking a shower and breathing in steam can help clear nasal passage ways or you can drape a towel over your head and breathe in steam from a bowl of hot water. For a more potent treatment, add a few drops of Eucalyptus oil to bowl/shower floor.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. Drink 1 teaspoon of ACV 3 times a day with a glass of water, which ca help reduce mucous production and relieve acute allergy symptoms.
- Natural Supplements such as quercetin, butterbur and nettle leaf can be purchased in capsule form at health stores and help relieve symptoms. Some studies have shown that fish oil supplements help with symptoms too.
- Spritz a saline rinse into your nose daily to wash away pollen before symptoms strike.