They might make you cry, but you will only laugh in the long run. Such wonderful the benefits of onions are. And some of them are downright surprising.
Here are some surprising household uses for onions :
- Decrease the paint smell of a newly painted room by placing freshly cut onion slices in a bowl of water on the floor in the room overnight.
- Repel mosquitos in the summer by rubbing raw onion on your skin. You can also eat a lot of onions.
- De-rust a rusty knife by cutting knife through a raw onion bulb several times until knife blade looks new again.
- You can easily make your own natural dye using red or yellow onion skins.
- Gather enough onion skins to fill a pantyhose full of them. Tie open end into knot.
- Place pantyhose full of onion skins in pot skins in pot of boiling water. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Remove pantyhose.
- Now you have a pot full of onion dye. You can use the dyer for colouring Easter eggs, yarn, fabric and more.