Are you a gym-going health enthusiast? Or are you on a weight loss spree? If gaining muscles and losing extra kilos is your target right now, then a healthy workout regime and a protein-rich diet is what you should focus on. When it comes to increasing protein intake, most of us resort to the easiest way, which is store-bought protein powders. Although, there are many health benefits of protein powder; but who knows what goes inside these products. Moreover, there are many taste-enhancers and artificial preservatives that are added in these store-bought protein shakes and bars, which are, of course, not good for our health. But, fret not! You can make your own protein shakes at home, with all natural foods, which can naturally give a protein spike to your diet.
Here are some home made protein shake recipes
- Take 20 almonds soaked overnight in water and peel them off and add to a blender. Add 2 1/2 cup of water, 2 cups of milk and 1/2 cup of dried coconut flakes soaked in water overnight. You can also add some cinnamon for more nutrition. Blend till all the ingredients get mixed this is one powerful protein shake to bulk up naturally.
- Take one cup of diced Alphonso mango, one cup of almond milk, 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt, and one tablespoon of chia seeds. Toss alphonso, almond milk and Greek yogurt in a blender and run it to get a smoothie. Add chia seeds and drink this protein packed shake to gain muscles.
- Take two ripe bananas, 2 cups of Greek yogurt, 100ml of whole milk, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, one tablespoon of chia seeds and some cocoa powder. Put all the ingredients in a blender and run it till all these get mixed. Drink this to add bulk of muscles quickly.
- Take 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries, one cup of milk, one tablespoon each of chia seeds and honey and 2 tablespoon of oatmeal. Mix all the ingredients in a blender run it to get a smooth consistency. Add some ice and drink it is packed with protein to treat underweight issues naturally.
- Mix 1/2 cup of raspberries, one medium sized banana, 2 tablespoons of almond butter, one cup of almond milk and some water. Run the blender till all the ingredients get mixed. Add some water to get a smooth consistency.
More recipes tomorrow. Watch our this space.