Whether you’re a beauty fanatic, or you use a three-in-one body wash to cleanse your face in the shower, the truth is that, overall, your skin health does matter. Although many people deal with a variety of skin issues — and genetics has a lot to do that — one major way we can help to manage our own skin health is by considering how our diet affects our skin.
Here are some foods which harm the skin :
- Fatty Protein – Large amounts of fatty protein such as red meat, mini pizzas, cheese, cubes etc can make your skin look dull, puffy and you may even have dark circles under the eyes.
- Caffeine – Caffeinated drinks can make you dehydrated and this can make your skin more prone to wrinkles and sagging. Also, caffeine increases the production of the stress hormone cortisol which often causes acne breakouts.
- Salty Foods – Free radicals from processed food can cause inflammation and premature again. Also, ships, pretzels and popcorn contain salt that can result to puffy skin because it makes your skin hold more water.
- Baked Goods, Candy and Soda – The refined sugar found in most candies, cakes, cookies and non diet sodas causes insulin levels to increase and make an upsurge of inflammation which causes a breakdown in elastic and collagen, which are the fibres that offer the skin its strength and elasticity.
- Dairy – Dairy products, in all forms (sweet for ice cream or savory form like on cheese and sour cream) amps up blood levels of androgen, and this leads to increased breakouts and excess oil production.
Did you like the list. Come back tomorrow for foods that are food for the skin.