If you are looking for a way to lose weight healthily, it’s time for you to learn about the health benefits of zucchini. It plays a big role in weight loss while boosting the nutrient content of your diet. Moreover, it possibly helps enhance vision and prevent all the diseases that occur as a result of vitamin C deficiency like scurvy, sclerosis, and easy bruising.
Zucchini may help to treat asthma – one of its many benefits – and has a high content of vitamin C, carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. It contains a significant amount of potassium, folate, and vitamin A, all of which are important for good health. When eaten regularly, it can effectively lower your homocysteine levels.
Here are some benefits of Zucchini :
- High Source of Antioxidants and Vitamin C – Seeds from various squash vegetables are known to hold many types of phytonutrients that can help fight inflammation and oxidative stress. Some of these antioxidants include vitamin C and A. One medium zucchini has over 50 percent of your daily vitamin C needs. In many nations, summer squash is a primary source of carotenoid antioxidants including alpha-carotene and beta-carotene. Much of the antioxidant content is held within zucchini’s skin, so it’s a good idea not to peel your squash.
- Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties That Can Improve Heart Health – Zucchini and other squashes are largely made of water and carbohydrates, specifically the type called polysaccharides. Summer squash includes a good percentage of the fibre called pectin, which isa type of beneficial polysaccharides that is linked to improved cardiovascular health and the ability to lower cholesterol naturally.
- High Source of Potassium – Zucchini is high in the heart healthy mineral potassium. One cup of cooked zucchini gives you more than 15 percent off your daily value, which is usually more than what’s included in the typical multivitamin supplements.
- Help Improve Digestion – Zucchini and other types of summer squash are often recommended for digestive issues and diverticulitis since they’re hydrating and provide essential electrolytes and nutrients. Research suggests that zucchini also offers anti-inflammatory protection within the GI tract that can educe IBS, ulcer related symptoms, leaky gut and autoimmune disease.
- Low in Calories and Carbs – One of the best things about squash is that they are very high in water. Zucchini has a low calorie count and helps to fill you up, since your cane at a whole lot at once for little calories. Zucchini are also one of the lowest carb containing veggies, second to leafy greens.
More on benefits of zucchini tomorrow.