Fire up your metabolism, we all have that one friend who can wolf down an entire pizza and still flaunt the body of a runway model. It is true that some people are genetically blessed with raging metabolism but even if you aren’t there’s no cause to sulk, start skipping meals or staying off all things tasty.
Eating less can slow down your metabolism. On the other hand, eating more frequently – especially focusing on certain foods – can help you achieve a faster metabolic rate. This improves your body’s fat-burning capacity and helps you attain your dream figure. Are you wondering which mysterious foods we are talking about? Try these 10 foods to begin with:
- Flaxseeds – Flaxseeds are loaded with metabolism boosting fibre and protein, both of which burn extra calories during digestion. They’re also an excellent source of omega 3 essential fatty acids which keep your brain, vision and heart healthy.
- Soybeans – Soybeans contains plenty of fibre and protein which keep your metabolism revved up. They’re also rich in health boosting isaflavones which act as antioxidants in your body, boost blood flow, protect against cancer, treat diabetes and more.
- Chicken – Chicken is placed full of protein which increases the rate at which you burn calories during digestion. It’s also a fantastic source of choline, phosphorus, vitamin B3 and vitamin B6.
- Salmon – Salmon is another brilliant source of protein which has been shown to fire up your metabolism. In addition to this, it contains plenty of healthy fats along with good levels of vitamin B12 and vitamin D.
- Beef – Beef is rich, tasty source of metabolism boosting protein. It also contains lots of health boosting selenium and zinc.
More metabolism foods tomorrow.