Heart disease may be a leading cause of death, but that doesn’t mean you have to accept it as your fate. Although you lack the power to change some risk factors such as family history, sex or age there are some key heart disease prevention steps you can take. You can avoid heart problems in the future by adopting a healthy lifestyle today. It all comes down to exercise and a healthful eating pattern.
Here are few heart disease prevention tips to get you started :
- Physical Activity – Being physically active is also important to prevent heart disease and stroke. Just 40 minutes of aerobic exercise. Three to four times a week is enough to lower both cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Start Slowly – Talk with your doctor about what kinds of physical activity are right for you. Remember, it’s wise to start slowly and work steadily. This will help you stick to your new program while reducing your risk of injury.
- Your Have the Power – The American Heart Association maintains “A healthy diet is one of the best weapons you have to fight cardiovascular disease. The food you eat (and the amount) can affect other controllable risk factors.
- Choose Health – You can create a personalised diet plans with your doctor or nutritionist, but the broad strokes of heart healthy diet include fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, low fat dairy, lean protein, and limited amounts of sodium, saturated fat and added sugars.
- Try TLC or Make a DASH – The NHBLI’s TLC diet or DASH diet may also help you prevent heart disease by lowering various heart disease risk factors.
- Get Inspired – To get you thinking about new and fun ways to exercise, consider walking with friends or family taking an exercise class, trying yoga swimming, taking a bike ride or going for a job.
Here’s a list of heart healthy foods for you > https://empress2inspire.blog/2020/07/26/heart-healthy-foods/