Healthy Eating Tips

Learn how to get the right balance

Our eating habits, along with activity levels, affect our health more than anything besides smoking. When life gets busy, though, nutrition is often the first thing we let slip. It takes some extra time, but planning ahead and making healthy meals and snacks can add years to your life

Here are a few tips to make healthy choices and get the right balance in your diet

• Carbs give your body the fuel it needs for physical activity. Whole grains, vegetables, fruits and beans are good choices. They’ll give you vitamins, minerals, fiber and other important nutrients. Skip things like white bread, white rice, pastries, soda and highly processed foods, like packaged snacks. Those carbs come from refined grains and won’t keep you satisfied for long.
  • Protein from plant-based foods like beans and nuts is the healthiest. Fish and poultry are also good sources. If you want to eat red meat, pick the leanest cuts and only eat it once in a while.
  • Fiber can help protect you against certain health problems. A diet with a lot of whole grains, beans, vegetables and fruits will help you get the fiber your body needs.
  • Vegetables and fruits can also help protect your health. Go for color and variety: dark green, yellow, orange and red.
  • Fats are part of a healthy diet, if they come from sources like plant oils, nuts and fish. Try to limit the amount of foods you eat that have saturated fats — like cheeses and meats — and avoid trans fats. Read the labels on packaged foods to make sure they don’t have any trans fat.

Come back tomorrow for more healthy eating tips. Till then, here’s a post which you may find helpful > https://empress2inspire.blog/2020/11/11/overcoming-emotional-eating/

Reference : https://file.anthem.com/MANSH0309ABS.pdf

1. capost2k says:

I read about an old “circuit preacher” in the early 1900s who faithfully ministered to half a dozen churches, going from one to the next, never taking time to care for his body or health. In his early 50s, with his health in shambles, he said, “God gave me a message and horse, and I’ve all but killed the horse.”
    Your body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 6:19

🙏🏼🙏🏼

2. I already eat a lot of these

Awesome way to go girl

3. gpavants says:

Garima,

Great stuff. These are the tips I will be using for my students. I will be working in the unit themes for my class this last quarter at school, but won’t be doing the class until next school year. So there is a little time.

Gary

Welcome Gary. What I am going to do is start writing blogs on topics you share and then share links with you at one place so that you can use them when you want.

1. gpavants says:

Do you use Google Drive or Google Docs? You can organize ideas there then share the folder when you are ready. I will be creating a reading log for students that use the links for them to read and respond. My school email is: gavants@valverde.edu. If you have a link to the folder and an email I can share information as it develops.

Cool works. I will share the links on a google drive doc

4. Well…read before you buy safe money stay healthy

Yes, very important to read labels.

5. Good food for thought (I couldn’t pass up using this phrase). Being pre-diabetic, monitoring my carbs is important. This along with exercise has improved my health.

A prediabetes diagnosis can be alarming. This condition is marked by abnormally high blood sugar (glucose) most often due to insulin resistance. This is a condition in which the body doesn’t use insulin properly. It’s often a precursor to type 2 diabetes.

According to the Mayo Clinic, people with prediabetes are at an increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes. With prediabetes, you may also be at risk of developing cardiovascular disease.

However, a prediabetes diagnosis doesn’t mean you’ll definitely get type 2 diabetes. The key is early intervention — to get your blood sugar out of the prediabetes range. Your diet is important, and you need to know the right kind of foods to eat.

6. Kritika says:

Thank you for sharing this. Very important for us to focus on the food we eat.

Yes Kritika. Everything we eat affects our body in short or long run so we have to be very careful.

1. Kritika says:

Rightly said. 🙂

🙌🏼🙌🏼

1. Always a joy and pleasure to read and share your posts with followers, My Dear! Have a great day!!
        xoxox 😘💕🎁🌹

7. narniabliss says:

This was really helpful. There’s a lot of things which I was not aware of.
    Would look forward to your future updates.

Most welcome Narniabliss

8. Ek Nayi Soch says:

I like it all

Great then let’s start implementing.

Thank you for the reblog.