Daily Dose for the Mind

The noise from a motorcycle assaults the driver more than anyone. The driver has only himself to blame when he is old and can’t hear anything. When you speak ill of others, it hurts you more than anyone— because your negativity is loudest within you. No matter how hurt you are, you don’t need to have the last word. The last word can obliterate even the good memories. Although things have changed, is it necessary to discard all your memories, especially the happy ones? When blinded by anger, we make choices we later regret. Leaving the room before the bridge is burned is a sign of maturity.

The best way to get even with someone who has left you is to meet someone new and become happy again. Plotting for revenge and remaining jealous after many years is a formula for endless misery. He complains about her behind her back. She, without knowing anything, approaches him and says the kindest words. The best revenge is love.

Excerpt From: Haemin Sunim. “The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down: How to Be Calm and Mindful in a Fast-Paced World”.

1. Shanique🌅 says:

Revenge can be added to that list I shared earlier… the one about having the last word, that one.. I think revenge is stupid and a waste of time and energy.

1. Shanique🌅 says:

I don’t even understand the getting even thing. Isn’t trying to find someone new with the intent of trying to ‘get even’ robbing the self as well as the new person in this triangle they don’t even know about? (poor soul). I don’t understand this concept: best revenge is love… But that’s not love. There is no revenge in love.

Yes there is no revenge in love. There is love and that’s it!!

Yes letting go is liberating.

1. Eve of Hope says:

I will never want revenge against someone I love. The fact that so much time, thought, details, and planning went into their revenge shows me how deeply I have wounded them. I feel their wound. It’s soul crushing. I accept the feelings of pain and torture, to try to feel what I have caused them. To understand and feel them. To learn. And never make the same mistake again. To teach my children and gain wisdom. That way our pain will not be in vain

Glad you liked the post Goddess.

Thank you for the reblog.

1. Always a joy and pleasure to read and share your posts with followers, My Dear! Hope you have a great day!! xoxox 😘💕🎁🌹