Foods To Boost Your Brain Power

We’ve all had those days when we just can’t seem to concentrate. And while there’s no magic pill to bring us back to the height of our cognitive powers, there are some foods that have been shown to improve brain function, protect against age-associated cognitive decline and encourage focus and clarity.

Here is a list of foods to boost your brain power :

• Green Veggies – Leafy greens such as kale, spinach, collards, and broccoli are rich in brain healthy nutrients like vitamin K, lutein, folate and beta carotene. Research suggests these plant based foods may help slow cognitive decline.
  • Fatty Fish – Fatty fish are abundant sources of omega-3 fatty acids, healthy unsaturated fats that have been linked to lower blood levels of beta-amyloid – the protein that forms damaging clumps in the brains of people with Alzheimer’s disease.
  • Berries – Flavonoids, the natural plant pigments that give berries their brilliant hues, also help improve memory, research shows.
  • Tea & Coffee – Coffee and tea might offer more than just a short term concentration boost. In a recent study, participants with higher caffeine consumption scored better on tests of mental function.
  • Walnuts – Nuts are excellent sources of protein and healthy fats, and walnuts in particular might also improve memory, according to study.

Reference : https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/foods-linked-to-better-brainpower

1. I love coffee- the funny thing about that is that I fell in love with that drink from a coffee jelly bean. Love mochas (really love Peppermint mochas), iced coffee, lattes (that includes pumpkin spice), and mistos. Iced coffees and mistos are what I tend to have the most.

I do love fruit and vegetables as well- almost at every single dinner, my family has a salad along with another vegetable.

Salad is great with another vegetable. I am glad you liked the article. Go easy on the sugar though in your coffee.

1. I don’t have the more sugary coffee often- every once in a while.

Oh That is Okay 🙂

2. Zlatko says:

My two favorites from the stuff you mentioned: Sardines & Walnuts!

Ah Walnuts are my favourites too. Nuts are excellent sources of protein and healthy fats, and one type of nut in particular might also improve memory. A 2015 study from UCLA linked higher walnut consumption to improved cognitive test scores.

3. Thanks for this knowledgeable blog🙂

Thank you Harsimran. I am glad you liked the post. Incorporating many of these foods into a healthy diet on a regular basis can improve the health of your brain, which could translate into better mental function.

1. Its my pleasure.. i try to include these foods into my diet. Really very thankful for giving us very informative knowledge regarding foods.

Most welcome. Hope you are staying safe. Take Care.

3. Yes… you too🙂🙂🙂

Thank you.

Thank you the reblog. I am grateful.

1. Always happy to share your post, My Dear!
        xoxo
        😘💕🌹

4. Incorporating many of these foods into a healthy diet on a regular basis can improve the health of your brain, which could translate into better mental function. Thanks for the blog.

Thank you great. Stay healthy. Stay safe.