Co-enzyme Q10 is also known as Ubiquinone. CoQ10 was orginally discovered in 1957, but its unique functions within the body weren’t founded until 1961 by Scientist and Nobel Prize winner Peter Mitchell. CoQ10 its found in the Mitochondria, which is the organelle responsible for producing energy in the cell. Specifically it is found in the electron transport chain.
The body is able to produce this substance from dietary amino acid Tyrosine. Tyrosine can be found in Mackerel, Cheese, Broccoli and Spinach. CoQ10 is found in the Mitochondria, which is the organelle responsible for producing energy in the cell. Specifically it is found in the electron transport chain. CoQ10 is found in every single cell of the human body.
Here are some health benefits of Co-enzyme Q10 :
- Some studies have found that people in the late stages of AIDs, Parkinson’s disease, and MS have low CoQ10 levels.
- It can make you drop pounds. CoQ10 is associated with energy production and metabolism. A distinct lack of it is thought to be the reason some people are unable to lose weight. It’s thought naturally supplementing your body’s ability to make CoQ10 can boost the Metabolism and Encourage Weight Loss.
- Reverse the clock. Scientists have predicted that typical symptoms of ageing aren’t just that, but a deficit of CoQ10. As we age the body becomes less efficient at making it.
- It is one of the rare supplements that can be taken to aid the symptoms of tinnitus. German doctors administered CoQ10 for 4 months to find that it vastly improved irritating symptoms.
- People who take statins for cholesterol reduction desperately need CoQ10. Statins are an inhibitory medication which not only prevents cholesterol production but CoQ10 too.
- Symptoms of heart failure are life changing and very debilitating. It was found that doses of 100-200mg/day were effective in reducing symptoms of heart failure including breathing difficulties, sweating, arrhythmia, palpitations and insomnia.