Psyllium Husk is a powdered form of fibre. Psyllium Husk powder is made from the seed husks of the Plantago Ovato plant. Psyllium Husk is a traditional ingredient used in Ayurvedic medicine used to treat gastrointestinal problems and constipation.
Fibre is known for its ability to promote satiety and promote weight loss by bulking out the stomach. The Plantago Ovato is native to regions of Asia, particularly India.
Here are a few health benefits of psyllium husk :
- It is also used to treat diarrhoea. One study found that taking 3.5 grams of Psyllium Husk powder a day helped to reduce stomach emptying time from every 69 minutes to every 87 minutes.
- According to science Psyllium Husk provides x 8 better fibrous properties than oats.
- Like any fibre, psyllium husk has been shown to help control blood sugar levels. Psyllium is thought to form a gel with the food, this slows down its digestion and release of glucose into the blood stream.
- One of its primary uses in modern medicine is for relief of constipation. It does so by helping to absorb water and increase the size of the stool. This can make it easier to pass.
- Fibre is excellent for heart health. Taking it large amounts of fibre like psyllium can lower triglycerides levels, improve blood sugars, and reduce hypertension, all of which are factors that contribute to heart disease.
Reference : https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81x5pjEiYpL.AC_SY450.jpg