Headaches are one of the most common pain-related health problems in both children and adults. You may have a headache along with another minor health problem such as a sore throat, cold, or sinus problem.
Here are some DIY cures for headaches :
- Bite a pencil. Doing this helps relax your jaw muscles, which can help ease your tension headache.
- Hot/Cold – Place ice pack on head and dip feet in a bowl of warm water so blood flows towards feet.
- Apply 1-2 drops of thyme or rosemary essential oil on temples and forehead and rub in a gentle, circular motion.
- Eat almonds as they contains aspirin salicin.
- Do a yoga pose. Lie flat on yoga mat with legs extended upside of wall. Place hands on belly or rest them above your head. Close your eyes, relax your jaw and breathe deeply in this position for 5-10 minutes.
- Drink an espresso shot. According to some scientific studies, caffeine enhances the effectiveness of medication for pain.
- Apple Cider vinegar. Drink about 1tbs of apple cider vinegar twice a day or add ACV to a bowl of hot water and breathe in a scent.