Keeping cool when temperatures reach record highs isn’t just about comfort. Dangerously high temperatures can result in heat-related illnesses ranging from heat cramps to heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
The following tips can help you keep cool all summer long :
- Yogic Breathing Method – Curl your tongue and inhale through your mouth > then exhale through your nose > Repeat.
- Stick Cold, thin cucumber slices on face and lie down.
- Ice it up. Freeze a couple of water bottles. Place in front of fan. As water bottle meets the air will chill and blow towards you.
- Douse shirt in cold water, wring it and wear it. As wetness evaporates, you will feel much cooler.
- Place pillowcase and sheets in freezer bags and stick them in the freezer. Take them out before sleeping.
- Hot air rises so to feel cooler, hang our on the first floor or go basement level.
- Dip feet in a bowl of cold water. Similarly, place wrists under cold running water for 30 seconds.
- Brew permanently tea in pot and chill in refrigerator. Pour into spray bottle and use as body spray.