Alpha Lipoic Acid is made up of 8 carbons and 2 sulphurs. It can be produced naturally in the body., made in the Mitochondria Organelle, also known as the “powerhouse of the cell”. Research shows there may only be 30mg of bioavailable ALA in 10 tons of liver tests.
ALA can be found in Organ Meats, Yeast, Broccoli, Spinach, Peas and Sprouts.
Here are few health benefits of Alpha Lipoic Acid :
- Alpha Lipoic acid acts as an Antioxidant. This prevents oxidation of tissues in our body and is thought to prevent diseases such as arthritis and Alzheimer’s disease. Alpha Lipoic Acid can also help to regenerate other antioxidants such as glutathione.
- Glutathione manages the health of the immune system. Thus, naturally increasing ALA can strengthen our natural defences.
- Studies have shown Alpha Lipoic Acid may help symptoms of Diabetes, by increasing insulin sensitivity and managing blood glucose levels.
- Due to its potent antioxidant properties ALA is thought to detox the Liver and Relieves Poisoning.
- ALA, is thought to help make Skin look Younger, Preventing Damage caused by sun damage.
- It is thought to help reduce Obesity by decreasing food intake, cravings and increasing Energy expenditure.
- ALA is best known for its Energy Metabolism and production. It acts as a catalyst for Macronutrient (Fat, Carbohydrate & Protein) in order to produce ATP the body’s source of energy.