One of the biggest problems for people who are looking to get fit or lose weight is that they aren’t sure exactly how to do it. The best thing about fitness classes is that you don’t have to know what you’re doing. You can just show up to the class and follow the instructor. As long as you move, you will get a workout. It doesn’t even have to look pretty.
Here is a list of some of the best and most unique fitness classes for you to try. Working out doesn’t have to be boring so have fun and try something new!
- Bodypump – Bodypump is a high intensity exercise class that involves lifting in light weights at a fast pace. As a result, you get a highly effective cardiovascular and strength based workout by attending this class. In terms of calories, Bodypump blasts through a notable 450 calories per hour which makes it a perfect choice for both fat loss and muscle gain.
- Boxercise – Boxercise is an entertaining exercise class that combines boxing with circuit training and has you rotating between focus pads, punch bags, jump rope and more. It burns off an impressive 600 calories per hour and also improves your balance, hand-eye co-ordination flexibility and timing. It burns off an impressive 600 calories per hour and also improves your balance, hand-eye-co-ordination flexibility and timing.
- Bootcamp – Boot Camp is a military style exercise class that works off an impressive 600 calories per hour and is led by a fitness instructor who acts like a drill sergeant. It gives you a highly dynamic workout which incorporates activities such as lunges, push-ups, squats, sprints and more.
- Kettlebell Class – Kettlebell Class is an excellent alternative to BodyPump if you’re looking for a class that switches the barbells and dumbbells for the more flexible and dynamic kettlebells. An hour ling KettleBell class blasts through a substantial 1000 calories per hour and also gives all the muscles in your body a gruelling workout. In addition to this, it boosts your balance, functional strength and flexibility.
- Kickboxing – Kickboxing classes are similar to Boxercise but take it up a notch by bringing your legs into play. They involve punching and kicking your way through a range of kickboxing inspired routines and this results in you working off 800 calories per hour. Kickboxing classes also build up your balance, hand-eye co-ordination, range of motion and reactions.