We’ve been cooped up at home for months, so it’s no surprise that we’re all a bit anxious to get out of the house. But our priorities have changed a lot over these last few months, and many of us don’t feel quite as comfortable with our appearance as we once did. Maybe you’re nervous about seeing your coworkers for the first time in months or self-conscious about trying on your pre-quarantine jeans after living in loungewear since March. Needless to say, you’re not alone!
If you’re feeling insecure about going out, a bright, white smile can make all the difference. Here are a few DIY tips for teeth whitening :
- Floss Daily – Flossing removes stains from in between your teeth and really helps your teeth look whiter.
- Eat Crunchy Crispy Fruits and Vegetables – Crunchy fruits & vegetables act as a natural abrasive. Stain remover when you bite into them, apples carrots, celery, broccoli, and lettuce work well.
- Avoid Teeth Staining Drinks – Such as coffee, tea, red wine, cranberry juice. If you drink them, brush teeth as soon as possible or drink through a straw.
- Use Baking Soda – Dip a small amount on a wet toothbrush, add toothpaste, and brush as normal. Do this only once a week at the most.
- Drink Water Frequently – This helps remove stain creating plaque from building up in your mouth.
- Other Tips – If you wear lipstick, avoid dark colours. This will make your teeth look yellower. The same goes for wearing super white clothes.