Tips to Avoid Getting Sick Part 1

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure — and that’s never been more true when you consider steps you can take to prevent the spread of illness versus the cost of not being able to go to work or school if you’re sick.

Here is what you should know this season, including information on how to protect yourself and your family :

• Get Vaccinated : Every year the flu virus mutates and adapts to the previous year’s vaccine. As more and more people get vaccinated, they also help those who can’t (like infants and seniors) from getting sick by granting herd immunity.
  • Rethink that Extra Drink : Studies have shown that excessive alcohol inhibits the immune system by reducing the ability of white blood cells to effectively kill bacteria. Alcohol also dehydrates and can disrupt your sleep which is also another way to get sick.
  • Avoid Sugar – Just like alcohol, sugar also inhibits white blood cells from fighting bacteria and viruses. Women shouldn’t exceed more than 6 teaspoons of sugar, while men shouldn’t exceed 9 teaspoons. A typical can of pop has 10 teaspoons.
  • Wash Any Item You Touch – Washing machines, phones, microwaves, keyboards, doorknobs, light switches, bed rails, remote controls, and children’s toys are all hotbeds for bacteria and germs. So washing all your objects occasionally helps reduce the risk of bacteria and germ build up.

Reference : https://twitter.com/mrt_app/status/1219273450189197312/photo/1

1. Unique Tales says:

Hi Unfortunately the type of condition I have vaccines do not have much chance of starting to work, if they do they are doing well.

Oh what condition would that be? If you are okay to share.

1. Unique Tales says:

Autoimmune thyroid dysfunction.

2. Unique Tales says:

I have congenital autoimmune hypothyroidism.

The use of iodized salt is a well-accepted public health strategy for decreasing the incidence of iodine deficiency disorders. Although mild iodine deficiency results in enlarged thyroid glands, evidence of clinical hypothyroidism does not necessarily follow. Conversely, even mildly to moderately excessive iodine intake ( ≥ 220 μ g/day) through foods, dietary supplements, topical medications, and/or iodinated contrast media can increase risk for hypothyroidism. Iodine excess causes a hypothyroid state partly because of a decrease in the sodium/iodide symporter that is responsible for transport of iodide into thyrocytes (Wolff-Chaikoff Effect), a fundamental step in thyroid hormone biosynthesis.

4. Unique Tales says:

I was born with hypothyroidism it was inherited.

5. Unique Tales says:

This is interesting.

Try it and see. We can keep your thyroid levels in control by food.

7. Unique Tales says:

Yes, green leafy vegetables, nuts.

Yes and time advantage eating as well. It regulates the BMR and thyroid hormone levels in the body

9. Unique Tales says:

Time advantage eating? Please explain.

10. Unique Tales says:

I have lactose free milk, gluten free diet. I occasionally have a naughty day. But mostly I stick to a regular diet as advised by a qualified dietitian though I still have to take Levothyroxine will do for life, unless something in medicine changes that will benefit. I am reiki qualified to level 2,

Wow you seem to have all your corners covered. Glad to see you take proactive steps for your health. Stay safe, stay healthy.

12. Unique Tales says:

I was in a way lucky to be born with it. I learnt medicine and science as soon as I was old enough to understand my condition. I took a proactive interest in my condition.

Way to go!!

2. Great tips! Stay safe!

Thank you. Stay safe you too.

3. Great tips! It’s a lot better to avoid getting sick in the first place than to try and mitigate it when it happens.

4. Unique Tales says:

I also wrote a paper about for a college assignment I titled the Butterfly within. It got me a Distinction.

Wow the butterfly within seems to be a captivating title itself. What was it about?

1. Unique Tales says:

The thyroid is shaped like a butterfly, it is located within my throat so the Butterfly within seemed an apt title.

Ah apt indeed.

3. Unique Tales says:

I have looked at the link and saved it. A little too tired to stress my eyes tonight. Will look with fresh eyes tomorrow.

Sure take care

5. Unique Tales says:

Thank you, you too. 😊

6. Unique Tales says:

I am in the UK. Where are you in the world? No particular reason why I am asking

I am currently in India

8. Unique Tales says:

Beautiful place

10. Unique Tales says:

It was about Living with hypothyroidism, the tests I had, xrays to ensure my bones were growing at the right rate, at all. Blood tests to be certain that my thyroid function or lack of with the right dosage of thyroxine. That thyroxine was a constituent of sheep’s hormones though are now synthetic.

Did you know Karen Carpenter was taking synthroid in her control of her body weight in her battle with anorexia nervosa, which, is the American name for Levothyroxine. A way of trying to control how her body metabolised her food intake. But it was dangerous. It is not over counter it can only be prescribed. It can be like most medication poisonous or damaging if not taken correctly and advised. Too much like Levothyroxine can induce a heart attack.

Wow you are very inspiring. Well medications have their own set of side effects, yes. But food is thy medicine. Food can’t replace medication but it can reduce symptoms, eventual complications and reduce the overall burden of disease along with improving quality of life.

12. Unique Tales says:

I did have complications initially, though not so much now through Self Care, a balanced nutritious diet and Reiki as well as medication. All is good. I have get advice with other medicines prescribed to be sure it does not counter act my medication.

🙏🏼🙏🏼Sending you all good vibes for being a champion.

5. Unique Tales says:

This covered my condition, diet, signs symptoms, history of thyroid disorders, how they correlates with how thyroid disorders today.

Makes sense, coming from someone who is living it is most impactful.

1. It’s good to know that you didn’t allow thyroid dysfunction to have you. I’m glad to read your testimony. You are a winner. Your story reiterates the fact that we can gain from every pain, especially the ones that we got into through natural causes. Thank you for sharing @Unique Tales

6. Thotaramani says:

GS ! Good you reply each one’s comment with uttermost respect👍

Thank you for your kind comments.

7. This Is helpful. Thanks for sharing. I try to stay hydrated and avoid too much sugar intakes, these help a lot.

Way to go Adeleke!!

Glad you liked it

8. Thotaramani says:

Good I formative Blog👍

Thank you. I am glad you liked the post. It’s quite important in today’s time.