Trying to drink more water every day can seem at best boring and repetitive and at worst well, a little torturous. But with some simple tricks, making some fun rules for yourself, and maybe getting a product or two, it doesn’t have to be so difficult.
Here are our best tips for drinking more water every day :
- Lemon Love – Add lemon or lime slices to dress it up and support your body’s detox pathways.
- Eat Your Veggies – Slip in some veggies and fruits that pack a hydrating punch like celery, cucumber, watermelon and cantaloupe.
- Brain Tonic – Make a morning “tonic” with apple cider vinegar and adaptogenic tinctures like schizandra, ashwagandha, rhodiola or our favourite blend called Diamond Mind.
- Morning Ritual – Make a large glass of water part of your daily routine by having your water bottle next to your sink ready to drink before you even brush your teeth.
- Drink and Drive – Keep a water bottle in your car and sip while you’re stopped in traffic or waiting in the carpool line.
- Curb Your Cravings – When sweet cravings strike, have a glass of water before you turn to the chocolate (you might be dehydrated and not actually hungry!).
- Get Herby – Create a unique taste by adding freshly muddled herbs to your water, try fresh peppermint, lemon grass, lavender, or cilantro.
- Tea Party – Hot or iced, adding more herbal teas to your day increases your water intake and nutrition.
- Oil and Water – Add a drop or two of essential oil to boost the favour of your water; peppermint, orange, and lavender all make water taste delicious.
- Track It – Shine a light on how much you are actually drinking by tracking for five days, no judgement, just be curious and get clear on how you can drink more water.
- Get Personal – Treat yourself to a reusable water bottle that brings a smile to your face (and lips).