They might make you cry, but you will only laugh in the long run. Such wonderful the benefits of onions are. And some of them are downright surprising.
Here are some surprising household uses for onions :
- Polish metal using onion juice. Mix several crushed onion slices with water. Apply solution to dull metal object with cloth.
- Cure your earache with cooked onion juice. Steam or bake onion with skin on until soft. Crush some cooked onion in bowl to press out juice. Using an eyedropper, add several drops into ear.
- Got a cold or sore throat? Make some onion tea. Boil cut onion slices in a pot of boiling water for several minutes and pour into cup.
- Keep frost from forming on your windshield by rubbing the cut end or raw onion against windshield the night before using your car.
- To relieve bruises or bee stings, place raw onion directly on affected area. You can also remove a splinter by taping a slice of raw onion over skin and leaving it on overnight.
- Make acne go away by mixing a solution of crushed onion and water and applying directly to face.
- Keep ants away by leaving a bowl of raw onion slices in bread where ants have been crawling.