Keeping Calories Low When You’re On The Go
When eating out, it can be hard to keep track of how many calories you’re actually consuming. Here are some tips for healthy eating away from home.
- Order water or unsweetened tea instead of drinks with added sugar.
- Start your meal with a salad (with dressing on the side). This may keep you from overindulging.
- Choose dishes that include vegetables, even if it’s only pasta with tomato sauce.
- Order steamed, grilled or broiled foods instead of ones that are fried or sautéed.
- For car trips, pack snacks such as fresh fruits or vegetables, low-fat string cheese or a handful of unsalted nuts.
- Skip the buffets. Order small or half-sized portions, when you can. Or, ask for half of your food to be packaged to go when you order.
- Order fruit for dessert.
Remember, making smart food choices has health benefits that support your overall well-being.
Reference : https://file.anthem.com/MANSH0309ABS.pdf