Coconut, Cocos nucifera L., is a tree that is cultivated for its multiple utilities, mainly for its nutritional and medicinal values. It is the unique source of various natural products for the development of medicines against various diseases and also for the development of industrial products. The parts of its fruit like coconut kernel and tender coconut water have numerous medicinal properties such as antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antiparasitic, antidermatophytic, antioxidant, hypoglycemic, hepatoprotective, immunostimulant.
Here some different ways in which coconut can be consumed and its benefits :
– High in electrolytes and prevent dehydration (young coconut water)
– Low in calories, carbohydrates, and sugars, and almost completely, fat free
– High in ascorbic acid, B vitamins, and proteins
– Helps restore oxidative tissue damage
– Source of healthy fats, proteins, and vitamins and minerals
– Rich in a medium-chain fatty acids which helps boost metabolism and aid in fat loss
– Helps detoxify the body
– Balanced the digestive tract
– Can be sued as a spread, for baking, and for making delicious raw, vegan desserts
– Can be used on skin and hair.
– Low in carbohydrates
– High in fibre
– Ideal for baking
Coconut Milk and Cream
– Can be used for Thai curries and stews
– Offers a delicious, sweet taste similar to brown sugar with a hint of caramel, vitamins, minerals and amino acids
– Low glycemic and is diabetic friendly.
Hope this was helpful.