Benefits of Meditation

Are you seeking calmness, peace of mind, joy, vibrant health, greater energy, positive relationships and fulfillment in life? Do you wish to be stress-free and worry-free? You can enjoy all these benefits and much more, with meditation. Meditation offers innumerable benefits for your body, mind and spirit. The rest you gain in meditation is deeper than the deepest sleep. The deeper your rest, the more dynamic your activity is.

Here are some of the health benefits of meditation :

• It reduces anxiety. Meditating daily has been shown in clinical research to be a useful aid in the reduction of chronic anxiety and anxiety disorders.
  • It reduces stress. Meditating has demonstrated in clinical research to be highly beneficial in reducing stress. It is known to move one from the stress response “fight or flight response” to the relaxation response.
  • It reduces depression. Daily meditation has been shown to be a helpful aid in reducing depression and other mental health issues when taught effectively.
  • It increases concentration. Meditation has shown in different research to increase concentration and focus, and the ability to perform certain tasks more effectively.
  • It reduces heart disease. Regular meditation practice can be a helpful aid in reducing heart disease and stroke, and useful at lowering symptoms of high blood pressure.
  • It reduces pain. Daily meditation encourages the body to move from the inflammatory response linked with chronic stress into the relaxed response. It is a useful aid in pain management and muscle tension reduction.
  • It improves sleep. Regular meditation encourages the body into a more natural rested state of being. Regular meditators witness an improved better quality of sleep.
  • It increases confidence. The art of meditation helps us move out of negative sabotaging thought processes into a more natural authentic way of being. And naturally we become more confident.

1. Kelli says:

I love mediating! I haven’t don’t it in a few weeks, but I hope to get back into it and stick with it.

I hope so too Kelli. There was many benefits to meditation. There are many highly successful people who are on the record crediting meditation as their own secret “go-to” technique for generating transformative ideas. While we all want change in the world, the first thing that needs to change is “us.” Meditation bridges that gap wonderfully, upgrading our minds and reprogramming our thoughts to easily manifest whatever end goal we desire — with abundance, health, and happiness just the beginning.

2. It also helps to one fall in love 😉

Hahahhaha yes with one’s own self 😉

1. That was played well by Ms. Garima 😉

3. Laura says:

This is so true. I used to regularly meditate, though when I started I didn’t consider it meditating and I always felt much better. The last two years I haven’t been able to do my regular meditation due to family illnesses and events. I have been craving the down time / relaxation. I will definitely be finding the time in my schedule to make it happen. Thank you for your post.

I am glad you got inspired by the post Laura. Meditation does have a lot of benefits. Meditation is the best way to train our mind to be a more precise, better quality, higher functioning data filter, making you a more mindful, happy person in the process.

4. in my experience, once when you get quiet, you develop complete control over your brain

Yes some relief from the incessant chaos in the head.

5. gpavants says:

Hi Garima,

In a busy world getting away from the busyness is so important. Prayer and meditation makes us more patient as well. Don’t you think?

Gary

Yes they do Gary. They contain the incessant thinking in our heads at all times. They help us focus. They improve productivity. They reduce anxiety. They help us in the natural flow of things.

6. I love it when folks come together and share ideas. Great website, keep it up!