Are you seeking calmness, peace of mind, joy, vibrant health, greater energy, positive relationships and fulfillment in life? Do you wish to be stress-free and worry-free? You can enjoy all these benefits and much more, with meditation. Meditation offers innumerable benefits for your body, mind and spirit. The rest you gain in meditation is deeper than the deepest sleep. The deeper your rest, the more dynamic your activity is.
Here are some of the health benefits of meditation :
- It reduces anxiety. Meditating daily has been shown in clinical research to be a useful aid in the reduction of chronic anxiety and anxiety disorders.
- It reduces stress. Meditating has demonstrated in clinical research to be highly beneficial in reducing stress. It is known to move one from the stress response “fight or flight response” to the relaxation response.
- It reduces depression. Daily meditation has been shown to be a helpful aid in reducing depression and other mental health issues when taught effectively.
- It increases concentration. Meditation has shown in different research to increase concentration and focus, and the ability to perform certain tasks more effectively.
- It reduces heart disease. Regular meditation practice can be a helpful aid in reducing heart disease and stroke, and useful at lowering symptoms of high blood pressure.
- It reduces pain. Daily meditation encourages the body to move from the inflammatory response linked with chronic stress into the relaxed response. It is a useful aid in pain management and muscle tension reduction.
- It improves sleep. Regular meditation encourages the body into a more natural rested state of being. Regular meditators witness an improved better quality of sleep.
- It increases confidence. The art of meditation helps us move out of negative sabotaging thought processes into a more natural authentic way of being. And naturally we become more confident.
Categories: Spiritual Health