Hair is the first thing people see when you walk into the room and it can say a lot about you. Needless to say greasy, dirty, messy and unrefined hair doesn’t speak very highly of you. Keep your personal hygiene up-to-speed and give your hair the fresh, clean and healthy look it deserves without becoming a hair product junkie.
Here are a few tips for having healthy hair :
- Mash a ripe avocado (no pit) with 1 raw egg and apply to wet hair. leave on for 20 minute and rinse out.
- Make a tonic out of 1 part apple cider vinegar and 2 parts very warm water. Pour over head, massage into scalp and let sit for 5 minutes. Wash hair after wards this helps balance PH level of your scalp.
- Give your hair a mayonnaise treatment. First, get your hair damp with warm water, then scoop mayo out of jar and apply to hair like you would with conditioner. Wrap hair with plastic bag or shower cap and leave on for 20 minutes. Wash out mayo in the shower with diluted shampoo.
- When shampooing, massage scalp for 40 seconds before washing out.
- When using conditioner, rub from tips of hairs to root.
- Use only wise tooth comb to comb wet hair.
- Use coolest setting for blow drying with heat if you can.
- Unless you have oily hair, you probably only need to shampoo your hair 3 times a week. Over washing will make your hair weaker.
- Wash you hair on coolest setting of water temperature, which seals cuticles and makes hair appear shinier. At least try to give final rinse in cool water.
- Once you step out of shower, blot hair with towel slowly from top to end. Then wrap head to absorb excess moisture for 5-15 minutes.
- Avoid wringing wet hair, as wet hair is vulnerable to stretching and breakage.
- Never sleep with wet hair.
- Try to avoid using hair products or use only in moderation.
- Eat healthy foods to boost your hair health such as foods rich in omega – 3 fatty acids (fatty fish, flaxseed oil, walnuts), foods rich in vitamin B6, B12 and folic acid (spinach, citrus fruit, legumes) and healthy proteins (lean meat, eggs etc).