There’s nothing difficult in keeping your liver healthy and in good shape as it’s all about a healthy lifestyle. Everything you drink and eat, including medicine, passes through it. You surely require treating it right so it can stay healthy and do its job rightfully. It helps in cleansing your blood by getting free of harmful chemicals that your body makes. It produces liquid called bile, which helps in breaking down fat from food. And also stores sugar called glucose, which gives you a quick energy booster when required.
- Get Zesty – Lemon zest has a phytonutrient called d-limonene that supports the liver detoxification enzymes. Invest in a microplane greater and make it a breeze to add zest to your morning smoothie or favourite dressing.
- Call me Cruciferous – Support the salvation pathway (especially important for remaking excess oestrogen) with the addition of cruciferous veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, cabbage and bok choy.
- Perfect Protein – Your need protein but excess amount can put extra strain on your liver. Choose high quality protein like wild-caught fish or grass fed meats and aim for a little bit with each meal instead of making it your entire meal.
- Go Green – Your liver really loves greens, especially herbs like cilantro and parsley, and bitter greens like mustard, dandelion, and arugula. Add them to salads, soups, or smoothies. Your taste buds will adjust to the bitter bite in no time and your liver will thank you for the support.
- Choline Connection – An essential micronutrient, it helps transport triglycerides from the liver and it’s critical for normal liver metabolism. Get it from eggs, non-GMP soy lecithin and avocados.