One of the biggest problems for people who are looking to get fit or lose weight is that they aren’t sure exactly how to do it. The best thing about fitness classes is that you don’t have to know what you’re doing. You can just show up to the class and follow the instructor. As long as you move, you will get a workout. It doesn’t even have to look pretty.
Here is a list of some of the best and most unique fitness classes for you to try. Working out doesn’t have to be boring so have fun and try something new!
- Pilates – Pilates is an exercise class that’s designed to improve your balance, core strength, flexibility and posture. It uses a range of strengthening and stretching exercises and burns off a reasonable 400 calories per hour.
- Spinning – Spinning is a hugely popular exercise class that involves cycling on a specially designed spinning bike at various speeds and intensifies. It does a fantastic job of toning and strengthening all the muscles in your lower body and it blasts through a significant 700 calories per hour.
- Step Aerobics – Step Aerobics is a classic exercise class that involves performing a selection of moves with the assistance of an aerobics step. The regular steps helps to tone and strengthen all the muscles in your legs and give you a great cardiovascular workout with an hour’s class burning through a notable 600 calories per hour.
- Yoga – Yoga is a versatile exercise class that improves both your mental and physical fitness through a combination of breathing exercises, meditation and flowing postures. There are a number of different types of yoga including Ashtanga, Bikram, Hatha and Vinyasa and the calories burned per hour ranges from 200 to 650, depending on the style of yoga you choose.
- Zumba – Zumba is a fun filled, party style dance class that incorporates a range of dance styles including Bollywood, Hip-Hip, Merengue, Salsa. It acts as a great cardiovascular workout and is also an excellent fat burner. In terms of calories burned, and hour long Zumba class can blasts through anywhere between 500 and 1000 calories.