If COVID-19 is spreading in your community, stay safe by taking some simple precautions, such as physical distancing, wearing a mask, keeping rooms well ventilated, avoiding crowds, cleaning your hands, and coughing into a bent elbow or tissue. Check local advice where you live and work. Do it all! Make wearing a mask a normal part of being around other people.
Masks should be used as part of a comprehensive strategy of measures to suppress transmission and save lives; the use of a mask alone is not sufficient to provide an adequate level of protection against COVID-19.
Here are few ways of wearing a mask Safely :
- Clean your hands before touching the mask.
- Inspect the mask for damage or it being dirty.
- Adjust the mask to your face without leaving gaps on the sides.
- Cover your mouth, nose and chin.
- Avoid touching the mask.
- Clean your hands before removing the mask.
- Remove the mask by the straps behind the ears or head.
- Pull the mask away from your face.
- Store the mask in a clean plastic, resealable bag if it is not dirty or wet and you plan to re-use it.
- Remove the mask by the straps when taking it out of the bag.
- Wash the mask in soap or detergent, preferably with hot water, at least once a day.
- Clean your hands after removing the mask.
A fabric mask can protect other around you. To protect yourself and prevent the spread of COVID-19, remember to keep at least 1 meter distance from others, clean your hands frequently and thoroughly, and avoid touching your face and mask.