Your Brain on Exercise Part 1

Your brain becomes much more active during exercise, “perhaps more active than at any other time,” says Maddock. One way neurons communicate is with electrical pulses, and sometimes entire networks of neurons fire in unison, like a group of soccer fans chanting together at a game. These synchronized pulses are known colloquially as brain waves. Different kinds of brain waves, characterized by the number of times they oscillate in a single second, are linked to one’s mental state and mood.

Here are some benefits of exercising on our body :

• Increase functional activity of the temporal lobe, which is responsible for storing sensory memories.
  • Improve learning and mental performance.
  • Help prevent and treat dementia, Alzheimer’s, and brain aging.
  • Encourage the pituitary gland to release endorphins.
  • Reduce sensitivity to stress, depression, and anxiety.
  • Reduce the impairment of brain cells and loss of coordination related to Parkinson’s disease.
  • Increase levels of brain derived neurotropic factor (BDNF), which maintains and regenerates adult nerve cells.

Working from home? Here are some simple exercises you can do while sitting at your desk > https://empress2inspire.blog/2020/09/02/simple-exercises-while-sitting-at-your-desk/

More about what science has to say about exercise tomorrow.

Reference : https://thumbnails-visually.netdna-ssl.com/your-brain-on-exercise_53d851447a683_w1500.jpg

1. I am not good when it comes to exercise meaning don’t get enough. But I love it when my family goes on walks on greenways and do love hiking. I do love riding my bike, but to ride it it has to be fixed up a bit.

Nature also reduces stress levels and enhances social interactions among children. These benefits also translate to adults. In adults, studies show that being in nature will speed the health recovery process, reduce blood pressure and lower the risk of cancer as well as lift people’s spirits.

1. I am a mountain person and Charlotte is near some- Crowder’s and Grandfather are two of them. I love being surrounded by nature- on actual hikes, I use my hiking stick I made, wear hiking boots, and wear a backpack (that has my water bottle in it and other things).

While not hiking, I love being on the Greenways especially the ones that are more in the woods

Wow sounds great. I am a mountain person too

1. Love Alone says:

Welcome… ✔✔✔

2. I don’t exercise as much as I should. Some of the things I love to do take brain exercise- not in the physical way: for example, I love playing Sudoku

Sudoku or Crosswords May Help Keep Your Brain 10 Years Younger. New research finds that solving puzzles may help you stay “sharp.” A new study adds more evidence that puzzles can be effective for brain health.

1. Puzzles are something I really enjoy doing- I love it more when its my own puzzle

3. Jesse Joseph says:

I love this post! Exercising is something I’ve done off and on for many years. When I do it, I feel so much better both physically and mentally. Yoga has been my main focus, lately. And writing. Writing helps a lot! Great work…

The brain structures that show the greatest improvements in gray matter volume in response to aerobic exercise are the prefrontal cortex, caudate nucleus, and hippocampus; less significant increases in gray matter volume occur in the anterior cingulate cortex, parietal cortex, cerebellum, and nucleus accumbens.