Lifestyle Changes to Combat Heart Disease Part 1

Healthy eating, exercise, quitting smoking and managing stress are the key lifestyle changes to combat heart disease. They can all have a profound impact on combating heart disease. Making all of these a priority may seem overwhelming. But every small positive step you take can help improve your health.

Following a healthy diet — what does that mean?

To lower your risk of heart disease and heart attack, you and your family should follow a diet that is:

• Low in saturated and trans fats. Saturated fats are found in some meats, dairy products, chocolate, baked goods, and deep-fried and processed foods. Trans fats can be found in fried and processed foods. Both types of fat raise your low-density lipoprotein (LDL), or “bad,” cholesterol level
  • High in omega-3 fatty acids. Found in fish, nut oils such as olive oil and some seafood and plants, omega-3 fatty acids lower your risk of heart attack, in part by helping prevent blood clots.
  • High in fiber. Fiber is found in whole grains, fruits and vegetables. A fiber-rich diet not only helps lower your LDL cholesterol level, but also provides nutrients that may help protect against heart disease.
  • Low in salt and sugar. A low-salt diet can help you manage your blood pressure. A low-sugar diet can help you prevent weight gain and control diabetes and pre-diabetes.

Losing 5 to 10% of your current weight can lower your risk of heart disease. Come back tomorrow to learn more about how to combat heart diseases and stay healthy. Here are some tips to strengthen your heart > https://empress2inspire.blog/2020/04/01/tips-to-strengthen-your-heart/

Reference : https://file.anthem.com/04303ANMENABS.pdf

1. My family cooks a lot in olive oil. Our milk tends to be 2% milk. We (I believe) tries to balance out the different meats. My favorite salmon meal is salmon, cocouses, and barceli. My favorite pasta meal is actually olive oil and basil- at the same time, one of my favorite pastas is shrimp scrampi

1. Well, guess what- not as wobbly as before. That is actually improving in some ways

Yes…that’s good.

3. But don’t know if it is the wrong med yet

Medications is something your doctor is best to answer 🙂

5. Yes, I know. I even got my neurologist stumpted. It appears as if my epilepsy is deep-brian meaning it is extremely difficult to detect.

Take Care Girl…

7. Just, I don’t know what if this one is working——then different things that I am uncomfortable with

1. Ryn says:

Same of that’s true for but there are some things that are different

Yes gluten has to be eliminated. But if its a staple, I tend to not suggest.

2. Ryn says:

Oh right ok

3. However, found some of my favorite books in the YA section- as in the rest of the series

4. Found The Golden Compass in YA and in Adult. I had to go to YA to find the rest of His Dark Materials to find to right edition

Believe I also found Shades of Magic in YA as well.

5. Ryn says:

That’s interesting

Thank you for the reblog. I understand you have blocked comments on your blog.

1. Really? That is news to me! Would you be so kind as to send me the link so I can check this out? I appreciate you informing me of this!!
        Always a pleasure to read and share your great posts with followers, My Dear! Hope you have a great day!
        xoxox 😘💕🌹✨

Most welcome. If you go on any post on your blog, you will see that there is no comment box. One can’t comment on the posts.

2. What is the right weight?I’m afraid the more we loose the more our immune system become weak and unable to fight diseases

Its not about the right weight, it’s about the right BMI.

3. N says:

Very informative!!! Tysm for sharing !

Most welcome N

4. Cole Freshkorn says:

Love these tips. Trying really hard to improve my health, it’s what inspired me to start my own blog. Keep them coming!

I am so glad to know that you are taking care of yourself Cole. Sometimes you need a little bit of inspiration. Your body is a temple, but only if you treat it as one. A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care.

5. Although I love fast foods, they are not really a healthy option when it comes to your heart!

Yes the fat content is very high.