Lifestyle Changes to Combat Heart Disease Part 2

Healthy eating, exercise, quitting smoking and managing stress are the key lifestyle changes to combat heart disease. They can all have a profound impact on combating heart disease. Making all of these a priority may seem overwhelming. But every small positive step you take can help improve your health.

Being active doesn’t have to mean being an Olympian
You can benefit from as little as 60 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity per week. For major health benefits, every week adults should do at least:
– 150 minutes of aerobic activity
– Two total body strength training workouts

If you smoke, you know you need to stop
Smoking can raise your risk of heart disease and heart attack, and it affects every cell in your body. If you can’t stop on your own, talk with your doctor about programs and products that can help you quit, or seek out support groups.

For more lifestyle changes, tap here > https://empress2inspire.blog/2021/02/08/lifestyle-changes-to-combat-heart-disease-part-1/

Managing stress can mean managing risk
Unmanaged stress can affect your health. It may cause high blood pressure, irregular heart rhythms, damage to your arteries, higher cholesterol levels, and the development and progression of coronary artery disease. Physical activity, medicine and relaxation therapy can help relieve stress.

A few small steps can have a great big impact on your health — so start now!

Reference : https://file.anthem.com/04303ANMENABS.pdf

1. Well…start small go big

True. Successful innovators “start small” after thinking big. Rather than jumping on the bandwagon for one potentially big product, they break the idea down into smaller pieces for testing.

1. Sometimes starting small can be time consuming and by the time we go big our great moment the market might’ve changed

But still start

2. This is good stuff. I have really started trying to take care of my personal health. I have made resolutions in the past that have ended by January 2nd. So this year I have chosen to try smaller more attainable goals that I hope will add up. I celebrate every small victory and try to turn it into a habit.

I am glad you are aware of the importance of heart health Joseph. So many people take it for granted.

A heart-healthy lifestyle is important for everyone, not just for people with existing health problems. It can help you keep your heart and blood vessels healthy. If you already have heart or blood vessel problems, such as high cholesterol or high blood pressure, a healthy lifestyle can help you manage those problems.

1. Working on it. But admittedly it is a process.

Yes let me know if you need any help

3. gpavants says:

Hello Garima,

Do you remember last year when I used some of your Soft Skills pieces for my class? Next year I am working in developing an outdoor ed health and fitness program. I would like to gather a number of your healthy posts for my students morning reading. I will keep you posted.

Gary

Hi Gary, sure happy to help anytime 🙂 let me know the topics you have in mind.

1. gpavants says:

I will. I am getting the course unit ready but will drop the titles for you soon.

Cool. Can’t wait to get started 🙂

3. gpavants says:

Here is what we have for the year. I did use your blog as part of a quick morning read and will use it for this course. But if you have anything that might fit these topics let me know. Here is my school email if it’s more than a link: gavants@valverde.edu.

Quarter 1
        Safety/ First Aid/ Hiking & Basic Survival Skills
        Orientering

Quarter 2
        Overall Health (Mental, Emotional, social, etc.)
        Stress Management
        Healthy Eating & Living

Quarter 3
        Soft Skills and Interpersonal Skills
        Getting Balanced ( Tech and people time, balancing a budget-time management,goal setting, etc.)

Quarter 4
        Travel & World Cultures

Great List Gary. Do you have any particular dates in mind when we should be posting these?

5. gpavants says:

When it is all put together you are more than welcome to use it. I love designed lesson plans. I teach digital tool and love to make it fun and entertaining.

That is so interesting.

1. Always a joy and pleasure to read and share your posts with followers, My Dear! Have a great day!!
        xoxox 😘💕🎁🌹

4. Stress inhibits your mental and physical abilities like nothing else!

Studies suggest that the high levels of cortisol from long-term stress can increase blood cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar, and blood pressure. These are common risk factors for heart disease. This stress can also cause changes that promote the buildup of plaque deposits in the arteries.