We’ve all been taught from a young age to fit in a little regular exercise. You know it’s good for both your body and your mind. But when your day gets busy, it’s too easy to skip. When you get out of the daily habit, it’s hard to pick it back up. It’s true, there are real road blocks to exercising, and lack of time is just one of them. But you can get through these road blocks and fit exercise into your day — at home or at the office.
Your office workout
If you work in an office, you might sit for hours on the phone or in meetings. Luckily, staying active at the office is only a matter of doing small bouts of exercise throughout the day. You may not be able work out a full half-hour, but all of your small steps add up.
While on the job, try:
- Using the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Walking to your co-worker’s office instead of emailing or phoning.
- Walking to the break room and back.
- Using the stairs to the bathroom one flight up.
- Looking away from the screen every 30 minutes or so to stretch. Roll your shoulders, arch your back, stand up and stretch your legs.
- Walking at the airport while on a trip for work. Or if you’re driving, pull off at a park or a rest stop and take a five-minute walk.
Before and after work try:
- Parking far away from the front door.
- Looking for a spot at your job where you can walk at lunch, during breaks or after work.
- Bringing exercise clothes with you, so you can walk or jog nearby.
Seven benefits of regular physical activity:
1. Weight management
2. Combat health conditions and diseases
3. Improve your mood
4. Boost energy levels
5. Better quality sleep
6. Improve physical intimacy
7. It can be fun and social
Come back tomorrow and we will look at reason why we should “not work out..yes, “Not”. Till then here’s an article on ways you can exercise everyday from the comfort of your home > https://empress2inspire.blog/2021/02/16/keep-exercise-on-your-todo-list-part-2/
Reference : https://file.anthem.com/11684ANMENABS.pdf