Learn how to get the right balance
Our eating habits, along with activity levels, affect our health more than anything besides smoking. When life gets busy, though, nutrition is often the first thing we let slip. It takes some extra time, but planning ahead and making healthy meals and snacks can add years to your life.
Here are a few tips to make healthy choices and get the right balance in your diet :
- Calcium is important for healthy bones. Milk and other dairy products are good sources for calcium, but they’re not the only ones. Nondairy sources of calcium include collards, bok choy, fortified soy milk and baked beans.
- Salt can cause health problems if your diet includes too much of it. Cut down on processed foods, which are usually high in salt. And read the labels of the foods you buy to check how much salt — listed as sodium — is in them.
- Alcohol can be healthy in moderation, but not for everyone. Moderate drinking for women is up to one drink a day; for men, it’s up to two drinks a day. There are benefits, such as improved heart health, but also risks, like increased risks for certain health problems like breast and colon cancer.
- Daily multivitamins, especially one with vitamin D, can help your health. But don’t take more than what’s recommended, and make sure your doctor knows about any vitamins you take.
- Portion size matters, so find out what a serving of a particular food looks like on a plate so you’ll know if you’re eating too much or too little. Try using smaller plates for your meals. And serve plates at the stove instead of at the table, so you think twice before having seconds.
Come back tomorrow for more inspiration on calories and healthy eating. Till then here are some more healthy eating tips > https://empress2inspire.blog/2021/02/10/healthy-eating-part-1/
Reference : https://file.anthem.com/MANSH0309ABS.pdf