Daily Dose of Inspiration – Mind – Control It!

The mind is like small child, who accepts, and takes for granted, whatever it sees or hears, without judgment and without considering the consequences. If you let your mind behave in this manner, giving it complete freedom to jump from one thought to another, you lose your freedom. In order to reduce the power of outside influences and thoughts on your life, you need to be aware of the thoughts and desires that enter your mind, and ask yourself, whether you really like them, and if you are willing to accept them into your life. You do not have to accept each and every thought that enters your mind. Find out whether it is your own thought, or someone else’s thought. Also, decide whether the thought is useful for you, and if it is for your own good to follow. This will lead to more control over your thinking process.

1. lounapoupita says:

😊 so true. Been working on that for awhile and it definitively makes a lot of difference in forming better perspectives.

1. I am so glad to know this. Thanks for stopping my and sharing your thoughts. Good luck

2. Miriam says:

True but sometimes it’s not that easy. If only we had an on/off switch for those thoughts.

1. Well, we do have an off and on switch. But when some thoughts are too close to us and we are not ready to let go of them, we thing we don’t have a switch anymore.

3. Amanda says:

Dry. Good. Point. Thank you, I needed to read this tonight.

1. I am glad to know that this post helped you. That’s the purpose of this blog. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.
      Best to you

4. loshali says:

Very well written.

5. Filtering the thoughts, good idea 🙂

6. Thank you for this reminder. We all have to ensure our thoughts are an originality to maintain our individuality.

7. sja316 says:

It’s really nice of you to give great insights into the ‘human mind’. I do all my understanding through Christian Jesus, so anything negative in my mind is based around ‘sin’, which we all have I believe ie. no one is perfect! and I need Jesus to ‘cast out’ that sin. However, pure ‘science’ of the mind always amazes me, and just how the ‘garden of my mind’ is watered gets my full admiration. Thanks.

8. Man is what his thoughts are ~ Lord Buddha. Yes what we think we become as it’s the thoughts that we put into action 🙂

9. bklynboy59 says:

Now this what you describe in this post is truly …self control!