Walking is often called the perfect exercise. It’s remarkable something so simple putting one foot in front of the other can be so restorative and invigorating. But the medical evidence is compelling. Taking regular brisk walks helps you stay healthy, live longer and boosts your self-esteem and mood.
Here are few benefits of walking that will motivate you to walk more, everyday :
- Boosts Endorphins : Endorphins ease stress, tension, anger, fatigue and confusion in ten minutes.
- Limits Sickness : It reduces of chances of getting cold to 50%.
- Arm and Shoulder Exercise : Not just the legs, walking exercises and tones your arm and shoulder too.
- Building Bone Mass : Walking reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- Strengthens Legs : Yes, all muscle groups, the quadriceps, hip flexors and hamstrings.
- Burns more Fat : Walking burns more fat than jogging.
- Improves Blood Pressure : If your heart can work less to pump, the force on your arteries decreases, lowering your blood pressure.
- Improves Balance : Walking helps build lower-body strength, an important element of good balance.
- Prevents Memory Loss : Moderate exercise such as walking ‘boosts memory power’ Walking for 40 minutes a few times a week is enough to preserve memory and keep ageing brains on top form, research shows.
Walking is a great form of exercise and can be used throughout the day. It is easier on your body than running and can be a great social activity, too.